Monday, February 9, 2009

We're in the pink!




Well, we finally got the nursery painted, or, should I say, David did. As you can see it is very pink! We haven't put anything on the walls yet, but thought I'd go ahead and post this. I'll add more photos as the room progresses. My mom made the valance, and she is making some crib sheets to match, in the same fabric. Our niece, Sabrina, is letting us use her daughter Kate's beautiful bedding, and the photo does not do it justice. The bumper is a pink, green, and cream striped, and the skirt is pink with brighter pink polka dots, and a green gingham trim. My mom and I added a white eyelet trim to the skirt, because we thought it needed it to tie in with the sheets she's making. (Don't worry, Sabrina, it can be removed.) I am very excited to be able to finally start decorating the room and get it ready for little what's-her-name's arrival.

Actually, we do finally have a name picked out . . .but we're not tellin'! I like our name too much to tell and have it possibly ruined for me (not on purpose, of course), so you'll have to wait until the big day! It is quickly approaching! I am in my third trimester now, and I am starting to feel it. There's not much room left in there for her, or for my internal body parts! My back has been rebelling against my extra weight, but, overall, I am still feeling pretty good, just fairly exhausted by the end of the day. I know that will only get worse from here on out, but we're hitting the home stretch, and it'll be here before we know it! I'll keep you posted on any new news or nursery updates. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Lisa

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love it!! Everything looks so cute! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple weeks! Love you!

Lisa Howe said...

Hi Lisa!

Congrats on your newest blessing! How exciting. You never know what God has in store for you! :o)

check out my blog...

www.howerandom.blogspot.com

I was surprised to see we have the same background!