Friday, January 16, 2009

It's . . . still a girl!

I had another ultrasound on Monday, just to check out the heart, since it was a little too early the first time. She checked everything else out too, and everything seems to be going smoothly. That's little "what's-her-name"'s profile up there. She appears to have a big belly, so I guess I've been feeding her well. (I know I've been feeding her well.) Actually, the doctor estimated that she weighs 2 lbs., which is at 52 percentile, so, in other words, she's absolutely perfect! That moon-shaped object above her head is her halo. No, really, it's a cross-section of her arm. I think I can see her little fingers on her head up there, so I think she is doing kind of a Scarlett O'Hara swooning thing. Drama Queen already! We got to see a really close shot of her upper lip and nostrils and a quick shot of her face, although she wouldn't stay still long enough to see her face very well. So, I guess we'll have to wait until she comes out to see who she looks like. (Hey, I think I'll add a poll, so you can tell me who you think she looks like, judging from her profile. Look for it on the left.) David is in Germany for two weeks enjoying the Biergartens. Really I think he's spent more time in his hotel in the evenings than anything. It's cooold and he's working late hours! But he is going to get to see some really cool castles this weekend. My Dad actually came from Tulsa and went with me to the ultrasound, which was nice. He was amazed at how much they can see and all the little details they can focus in on. It truly is incredible how much they can detect within the womb! The doctor really liked Daddy. I think she wanted to take him home in her lab coat pocket! Anyway, that's all I have to report, other than I'm getting larger by the day. People at work said I finally looked pregnant this week. I guess I should - third trimester starts next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've reset my password and I'm going to try this again.

What an adorable baby!! And you have to admit this isn't the best photography in the world. We are so happy everything checked out and the little 2 pounder got a good progress report. Hope it is many she will receive in her life.

We are proud of Lisa for being such a great transportation system and David going all the way to Germany to research names for the baby. And of course of the siblings - just for being themselves - as well as in advance for all the help they are going to give with their new baby sister.

C U soon!

Love, Grandma Kathy