Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today's the day!



Yes, today is the big day! We finally get to meet our baby girl! I got up early, partly because I'm too excited to sleep, partly because I wanted to eat and drink a lot before my long day of not eating or drinking. We check in at noon, and the c-section is at 2:00! I did not go into labor on my own, as I had hoped I would, but God knows what is best. At this point, I don't care how she comes out! As you can see, I had some very last-minute images done Saturday by a friend in a field of our beautiful Texas bluebonnets! She did a great job! (www.petitephotography.com)

God gave me a poem this morning for my little girl, and I'd like to share it with you. We will, of course, be keeping everyone updated on our exciting news! Love, Lisa

Only God Knows
by Lisa Strealy

What will she look like?
Who will she be?
Will she be a much smaller version of me?
Will she have full hair or very long toes?
Or great big round eyes?
Only God knows.

Will she be like Daddy?
Will she sleep at night?
Will she be docile or put up a fight?
Will she take long naps, or just like to doze?
Will she like binkies?
Only God knows.

Will she fall in love?
Will her heart stay intact?
Will she behave? Will she know how to act?
Will she be kind, others first, she below?
Will she humbly obey?
Only God knows.

Will she love You, Lord, for the whole of her life?
Will she stray and return? Will her life bring her strife?
Will she serve You and love You for all of her days?
For this little girl, it is this that I pray.

I know that You made her, from her heart to her skin,
And I know that You know her, both outside and in.
But I've yet to meet her,
So you mustn't blame me
For wondering who she will grow up to be.

I love her already, and I'd just like to say
That I'm so overjoyed I will meet her today.
She was not expected or planned or proposed,
Who knew she was coming?
Only God knows.

Just as your love never ebbs, always flows,
No matter the answers to the questions I pose,
I will always love her, from her head to her toes.
How much will I love her?
Only God knows.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Lisa~ What a beautiful poem, so eloquently stated. And what a cherished keepsake for that sweet baby girl you are welcoming into your family today...best wishes and prayers to all of you.

Lisa Howe said...

Lisa, that was such a beautiful poem. You are an amazing lady. It is now nearly 7pm. You have been in my prayers today. I am anxious to hear about her and see some picutres!

Kris said...

Lisa, I am in awe! What an amazing love letter to your little angel. You have so many talents and gifts. I have been thinking of you all day and am anxiously waiting to hear all about your baby girl, especially her name! Lots of love to you and your family. See ya soon.