Monday, March 30, 2009

David's finally making an honest woman of me!

Yes, this is me at almost 36 weeks. It's actually our niece, Sabrina's, bridal veil, though. My sister, Kara, is getting married!!! She got engaged on my birthday in February. We went to Edmond to visit David's family over Spring Break, and my mom and sister came for a day to shop for wedding dresses. She was trying on Sabrina's veil to see if it might work with the beautiful wedding gown she found! The wedding is set for August 7th, in Pennsylvania, where her fiance Ben is from, and I am going to be her matron of honor! I hope I can get back to pre-pregnancy weight quickly so I can fit in the dress!

My c-section is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th, at 2:00 pm! I am hoping to go into labor before then, and, if so, I can try to have her the natural way. This is my last week of work. I am so sad to leave all my students and co-workers. I have been there for almost five years now, and it is truly like leaving a family. However, I am so excited to meet my baby girl! (Not to mention ready to get her out of me!)
My friends and family threw me a wonderful shower last month, and I received so many nice presents. It was such a blessing to receive so many things that we needed! It really helped put our minds at ease that we may actually be ready for this! It was such a fun night, and I was so happy that most of my family could be there, and so many of my friends and co-workers.

The ladies at my church also held a shower for me yesterday afternoon. It was so nice, and I felt so loved! I will post photos from that shower, as soon as I get some. We'll keep you updated on any exciting news! She'll be here before we know it!

Love,
Lisa

No comments: